Attendance … Every Day Counts!
Please make sure that your child is at school ON TIME every day that they are well. Please avoid taking children out of school for holidays, shopping days, birthdays and ‘just because’ days.
Every single day that children are absent from school affects their learning, their friendships, their relationships with their teacher and class and their connectedness to school.
Absences need to be communicated to the school via our school app, Tiq Biz or by speaking with or writing a note for your child's teacher or by emailing the school at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- If your child has missed 5 days or less this semester - This will support your child to achieve their best at school – academically and personally.
- If your child has missed more than 10 days this semester - The amount of time your child is missing will impact on their learning and their friendships.
- If your child has missed more than 15 days this semester - Your child is missing so much time from school that it will be extremely difficult for them to keep up with their learning, their friendships and to feel connected to school.
At our Friday Assemblies, we acknowledge our classes’ attendance at each week’s Assembly:
- The classes who have had 100 % children arriving on time (before or by 9 am)
- The class who has the best attendance for the week will be awarded a trophy which can be kept for the week.
If an absence due to family circumstances / holiday will be longer than 2 days, we request that you meet with your child's / children's classroom teacher to arrange a meeting to discuss learning tasks your child can complete whilst away from school. The child will need to share the work (e.g. a travel journal) with the class and teacher on their return. An Absence Individual Learning Plan will be completed and the absence will be deemed 'School Approved' on the child's return, pending the completion of all the items listed on the Absence ILP.