During 2009, we were successful in getting our $15,000 grant application from Melton Shire for our Arts / Environment project.
We incorporate an awareness of being environmentally caring and sustainable in our daily life at Exford and we link this to the importance of gardens in our lives (leisure, relaxation, sport, culture, environmental). During 2009, we involved our students in many activities that helped them think about the environment at home, at school and in the community around them. These are just a few:
- We took the children on an excursion to the Botanic Gardens to do the school program (Thursday 4 June).
- The children have researched the types of plants which can exist in drought conditions and appropriate environmentally sustainable practices
- As part of our Melton Arts/ Garden project, the students, our staff and our community established new garden beds
- Debbie (Blake and Jai’s nan) donated a succulent plant for each child and staff member
- We completed the damatic change to our environment with a beautiful mosaic wall - which every child had the opportunity to work on.
Please have a look at our photo show of the wonderful difference we have made to our school.
*** Please be aware the PDF file listed below may take a few moments to open. ***