A School Council consists of the Principal, parents and staff working and planning together for the benefit of all children. School Council is the governing body of the school. In February / March of each year, nominations are called for and elections for parent and for staff representatives are held. At the Annual General Meeting, School Councillors are elected to office bearer positions, such as the SC President, the SC Vice-President, and Minute Secretary.
School Council is responsible for:
- Formulating school policy and ensuring that the school charter goals and priorities are implemented
- Providing the best possible conditions in which children learn
- The maintenance of school buildings and grounds to achieve the best learning environment
- Overseeing the financial operations of the school
- Overseeing policy and budget development
- Developing closer relationships between the school and the community
- Ensuring that all groups within our school community are represented
Our School Council meets on the second Wednesday of each month (unless by prior arrangement). You are welcome to attend as a Visitor (by prior arrangement with the Principal).
For more information about School Council, we have provided a link to the Link to DEECD website - School Council page CLICK HERE